For Week Ending July 4, 2015
As fireworks go boom, the boom of housing’s summer selling season tends to relax across the country, giving way to Facebook photos of families and friends at picnics and on road trips. Amidst the red, white and blue Instagram filters and patriotic Twitter profile pics, you’ll still likely see evidence of sales being made and articles about overall affordability. So take a quick break to play catch or chomp a hot dog, because the homeownership dream is alive and thriving this summer.
In the Twin Cities region, for the week ending July 4:
- New Listings increased 0.2% to 1,270
- Pending Sales increased 13.3% to 1,184
- Inventory decreased 7.5% to 16,940
For the month of June:
- Median Sales Price increased 4.7% to $229,900
- Days on Market decreased 5.7% to 66
- Percent of Original List Price Received increased 0.5% to 97.7%
- Months Supply of Inventory decreased 15.9% to 3.7
All comparisons are to 2014
Click here for the full Weekly Market Activity Report. From The Skinny Blog.