For Week Ending January 21, 2017
The number of existing homes sold in 2016 was 5.4 million, which exceeded the 5.25 million sold in the previous year and is now the highest in a decade. Declining inventory and affordability are both going to be closely surveyed this year, as a continuation of those trends could negatively impact sales. For now, prices are still running higher and days on market are still lower, both indicative of healthy demand.
In the Twin Cities region, for the week ending January 21:
- New Listings increased 12.8% to 1,025
- Pending Sales increased 4.0% to 730
- Inventory decreased 25.3% to 8,379
For the month of December:
- Median Sales Price increased 3.9% to $228,000
- Days on Market decreased 10.1% to 71
- Percent of Original List Price Received increased 0.6% to 96.0%
- Months Supply of Inventory decreased 26.1% to 1.7
All comparisons are to 2016
Click here for the full Weekly Market Activity Report. From The Skinny Blog.