For Week Ending April 20, 2019
Despite one of the latest snowfalls in recent memory in places like North Dakota, Idaho, Colorado, Wisconsin and Illinois, among other Western and Midwestern states, house hunters in these locales and other warmer places do not seem particularly phased by wintry or wet weather. The spring market has sprung, and new listings are pressing upward with more frequency in several markets. Sales remain lower than last year in much of the country. Here is how the local market is faring.
In the Twin Cities region, for the week ending April 20:
- New Listings decreased 5.3% to 1,581
- Pending Sales decreased 0.7% to 1,330
- Inventory decreased 1.5% to 9,405
For the month of March:
- Median Sales Price increased 6.5% to $275,000
- Days on Market increased 15.8% to 66
- Percent of Original List Price Received decreased 0.5% to 98.6%
- Months Supply of Homes For Sale increased 5.6% to 1.9
All comparisons are to 2018
Click here for the full Weekly Market Activity Report. From MAAR Market Data News.