For Week Ending December 7, 2019
Both conforming Conventional loan and FHA loan limits are increasing starting January 1, 2020 in an effort to trend higher with increasing home prices. These new higher limits will expand the pool of buyers able to take advantage of the most common financing options for primary residences. Additionally, the VA has announced that due to the Blue Water Navy Veterans Act of 2019, VA loans will no longer have fixed limits starting January 1, 2020, which should raise the number of active duty military and veterans that can take advantage of this great program. Of course in all cases, the borrower must still qualify for the loan amounts they are seeking, regardless of the caps.
In the Twin Cities region, for the week ending December 7:
- New Listings increased 9.6% to 867
- Pending Sales increased 19.2% to 905
- Inventory decreased 8.8% to 9,822
For the month of November:
- Median Sales Price increased 5.6% to $279,900
- Days on Market decreased 1.9% to 51
- Percent of Original List Price Received increased 0.2% to 97.5%
- Months Supply of Homes For Sale decreased 9.1% to 2.0
All comparisons are to 2018
Click here for the full Weekly Market Activity Report. From MAAR Market Data News.