For Week Ending October 22, 2022
As the housing market rebalances, many homeowners are finding they’re having to put more effort into selling their home to get the best deal possible compared to earlier in the pandemic, when conditions were different and a “For Sale” sign would often fetch multiple offers. Trends have changed, and with home sales down nationally, local REALTORS® are reporting a rise in price reductions, seller concessions, and homebuying contingencies, with a growing number of sellers needing to make repairs prior to sale.
IN THE TWIN CITIES REGION, FOR THE WEEK ENDING OCTOBER 22:
- New Listings decreased 20.8% to 1,105
- Pending Sales decreased 34.2% to 827
- Inventory increased 4.6% to 9,059
FOR THE MONTH OF SEPTEMBER:
- Median Sales Price increased 6.3% to $362,100
- Days on Market increased 39.1% to 32
- Percent of Original List Price Received decreased 2.3% to 98.9%
- Months Supply of Homes For Sale increased 18.8% to 1.9
All comparisons are to 2021
Click here for the full Weekly Market Activity Report. From MAAR Market Data News.