For Week Ending January 19, 2019
Although snow and cold have been affecting a sizable portion of the nation this January, the initial assessment of early-year weekly real estate trends indicates a healthy level of new listings in many housing markets – even in wintry locales. Pending sales figures are generally showing a healthy balance compared to last year at this time. Combined with favorable mortgage rates, these early indicators bode well for active real estate markets across the nation. Let’s look at what happened locally.
In the Twin Cities region, for the week ending January 19:
- New Listings increased 9.0% to 1,029
- Pending Sales decreased 7.2% to 695
- Inventory increased 2.1% to 8,029
For the month of December:
- Median Sales Price increased 4.0% to $258,000
- Days on Market decreased 6.6% to 57
- Percent of Original List Price Received decreased 0.2% to 96.9%
- Months Supply of Inventory increased 13.3% to 1.7
All comparisons are to 2018
Click here for the full Weekly Market Activity Report. From The Skinny Blog.