For Week Ending February 23, 2019
Two years ago, Millennials (born between 1981 and 1996) passed older generational groups to account for the most new mortgages. Today, Millennials also account for the most total dollar amount of those mortgages. Given the state of ongoing median sales price increases in the majority of the country, this should not come as a surprise. And given the positive state of the U.S. economy, finding the correct balance between positive sales figures and sales prices will be a dominant theme of 2019.
In the Twin Cities region, for the week ending February 23:
- New Listings decreased 25.0% to 949
- Pending Sales decreased 12.6% to 866
- Inventory decreased 3.0% to 8,093
For the month of January:
- Median Sales Price increased 6.1% to $259,000
- Days on Market decreased 5.8% to 65
- Percent of Original List Price Received increased 0.1% to 97.0%
- Months Supply of Homes For Sale increased 13.3% to 1.7
All comparisons are to 2018
Click here for the full Weekly Market Activity Report. From The Skinny Blog.