The unpredictable season of spring is here. Wily snowstorms, thunderous rain and summer-like heat waves strike across the U.S. It’s a good thing that we can count on at least one thing – a steadily improving housing market. Even the few naysayers left can’t ignore the cherry blossom blooms within the market metrics. So get out your umbrella, sunscreen and snow boots because, no matter the weather, we are watching a burgeoning market take form. With scarf, shorts and galoshes on, let’s wade into this week’s local housing stats.
In the Twin Cities region, for the week ending April 6:
- New Listings increased 22.6% to 1,731
- Pending Sales increased 17.1% to 1,158
- Inventory decreased 30.1% to 12,821
For the month of March:
- Median Sales Price increased 18.0% to $176,840
- Days on Market decreased 24.3% to 109
- Percent of Original List Price Received increased 3.1% to 95.0%
- Months Supply of Inventory decreased 38.0% to 3.1
Click here for the full Weekly Market Activity Report.From The Skinny.